We respect our clients right to privacy. The following information is how we gather, store and process your information:
The vast majority of our personal data collection is voluntarily given through our website when you request samples of products or email us with questions about our products or services. The information usually gathered is:
- Address (and place of work if entered)
- Contact Number
- Email Address
This information is required for us to assist in your enquiry/order.
We also use our various memberships to help identify key contacts in the trade who are working on projects where our products and services may be of interest.
Your phone number is also usually displayed on our phone system when calling the office. Calls are not recorded.
If required we’ll also ask for additional contact information, usually pertaining to delivery contacts and addresses.
Storing & Use of Information:
We store personal data in up to several ways, the progression of where your data is stored depends on how far you progress an enquiry with us and how you enquired, please see the following:
- Captured via Website – If you send in a request for samples, the information you give at this point is stored in our back-office function of our website. This enables us to track any history and assist with an enquiry in the event of an email notification not being automatically generated.
- Email History – If you email us directly or use the ‘make enquiry’ feature of our site your details will be sent via email to our inbox. Your details will also be stored on email history if you have enquired via the method in point 1. By having a history of contact we can ensure we’re dealing with your enquiry in the most suitable way.
- Telephone Memory - Your phone number is also usually displayed on our phone system when calling the office. This is stored in a memory buffer for 7 days before it is automatically written over. Calls are not recorded.
- Our database – If you have enquired by any of the methods above and have arranged for further contact (i.e. receiving samples, ongoing enquiry etc…) we will record your name, address and contact details on our desktop-based database. We will then add comments and copies of emails into this database to create a log of your enquiry’s progression and for trade customers the ability to see history and contact you if we haven’t heard from you for some time.
- Our accounts system – If you proceed to a formal quote/sales order and/or invoice we’ll add the details you’ve given us to our accounts system so that we can issue quotes/sales orders or invoices to you.
Our database and accounts system are stored and managed by us and are not accessible online.
We do back-up both our database and accounts system on a daily basis. These back-ups are stored locally and are encrypted. Back-ups are deleted after 30days.
We will only use your data to enable us to complete our contractual obligations or in the forming of them.
Trade clients who opt in to marketing information will also receive news about new products/services and special offers.
If you have provided an email address we will contact you by email in response to an enquiry or to follow up on an existing enquiry. Trade customers will also be contacted to see if our services can be of service on new/other projects. If a contact number has also been supplied we may also contact you in this method.
You have the right to ask us not to contact you.
Release of Information:
In order to fulfil contractual obligations, we reserve the right to provide your name, address and contact information to relevant third-party companies solely in the interest of completing an order (e.g. delivery) or service (e.g. recommended fitters, suppliers etc…).
We will never sell on or give information to anyone for the purposes of marketing.
Payment Card Details:
We are PCI Compliant and do not store full credit/debit card information. A record of the transaction is stored digitally and with a hardcopy.
Deleting of Data:
We will store information for up to seven years (from original enquiry) on inactive customers, at which point during an annual audit the information will be deleted from our system.
If we have ongoing repeat business from you then we will not delete your record as we believe having a full and accurate history will enable us to offer a better service.
Your Rights of Access:
You have the right to request a copy of the data we hold about you. Any request for access must be given in writing to:
The Solid Wood Flooring Company
Unit 1 Helena Court
TETBURY, GL8 8JN
We cannot be held responsible for the data following release back to you.
You also have the right to rectification and erasure of the data we hold about you. Requests will need to be in writing to the address above.
Please note, we reserve the right to deny a request of erasure if we feel it will impact on the lawful processing necessary for performance.
01666 504 015 or firstname.lastname@example.org
The table below lists the cookies we collect and what information they store.
|COOKIE name||COOKIE Description|
|CART||The association with your shopping cart.|
|CATEGORY_INFO||Stores the category info on the page, that allows to display pages more quickly.|
|COMPARE||The items that you have in the Compare Products list.|
|CURRENCY||Your preferred currency|
|CUSTOMER||An encrypted version of your customer id with the store.|
|CUSTOMER_AUTH||An indicator if you are currently logged into the store.|
|CUSTOMER_INFO||An encrypted version of the customer group you belong to.|
|CUSTOMER_SEGMENT_IDS||Stores the Customer Segment ID|
|EXTERNAL_NO_CACHE||A flag, which indicates whether caching is disabled or not.|
|FRONTEND||You sesssion ID on the server.|
|GUEST-VIEW||Allows guests to edit their orders.|
|LAST_CATEGORY||The last category you visited.|
|LAST_PRODUCT||The most recent product you have viewed.|
|NEWMESSAGE||Indicates whether a new message has been received.|
|NO_CACHE||Indicates whether it is allowed to use cache.|
|PERSISTENT_SHOPPING_CART||A link to information about your cart and viewing history if you have asked the site.|
|POLL||The ID of any polls you have recently voted in.|
|POLLN||Information on what polls you have voted on.|
|RECENTLYCOMPARED||The items that you have recently compared.|
|STF||Information on products you have emailed to friends.|
|STORE||The store view or language you have selected.|
|VIEWED_PRODUCT_IDS||The products that you have recently viewed.|
|WISHLIST||An encrypted list of products added to your Wishlist.|
|WISHLIST_CNT||The number of items in your Wishlist.|