Any complaints regarding The Solid Wood Flooring Company, it’s operatives, it’s personnel or it’s products, should in the first instance, be directed in writing (email accepted) to the Chief Operating Officer of the company.
This Complaints procedure should be read in conjunction with The Solid Wood Flooring Company ‘Terms and Conditions’ which are published on this website and a hard copy is available by request.
In the unlikely event that you need to complain we will endeavour to process it as quickly as possible, so with that in mind, and to save time, we would ask you to supply all details in writing.
Our Complaint’s Procedures
- Please telephone immediately and we will log your complaint on our database
- Send all details with any relevant images that will substantiate your complaint
- If it is a product related complaint and it falls outside industry guidelines and manufacturing tolerances and standards then we will investigate it quickly and if necessary send an industry professional to inspect the complaint.
- If it is an installation complaint then we will involve the professional who installed and remanufactured the product and judge the installation against recommended guidelines set out in BS8201:2011 which is the Code of Practice for installing wood flooring
- If it is a personnel complaint then this should be addressed to the Chief Operating Officer
All goods are delivered by a third party operator. Wherever possible this will be on dedicated transport, but for smaller consignments couriers will be used. All goods should be checked on arrival and signed for accordingly. Should there be any problems with the delivered product then it should be addressed at the point of delivery. Should any product issues be discovered within 7 days following delivery, then these should be reported to The Solid wood Flooring Company to allow them to rectify the issue.
Although every effort is made to protect items during transit, sometimes a product can suffer some small damage. However, it may also be that this damage might not effect the successful installation of the product and a decision should be made to either accept or refuse the product at that stage, because if the product is used it is thus accepted, and it cannot be compensated for at a later date.
Anyone installing the materials supplied by The Solid wood Flooring Company should inspect each and every item, and if they are not happy in any way, then they must not install it, because “once installed it will have been altered or remanufactured and the item will be deemed to have been accepted”
This complaints procedure has been prepared to ensure that clients receive the best possible service and advice within the normal consumer rights regulations such as the Sale of Goods Act 1979 and the Distance selling Regulations 2000, which the Solid Wood Flooring Company embrace and will always endeavour to comply with.
Questions or comments? If you can’t find the answer to your question on our site or want to leave some feedback, please fill in the form below.